Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 25

How can it possibly only have been 25 days!? Really I'm always so shocked when I relearn what day it is.
Language class is going well. It's a challenge to learn the distinct sounds of Dagbani but we're all (the 3 others in my class) working on it. We had our last day of language class for the next 4 weeks and are about to begin our purely technical training.
It was sad for me to have to say bye to my family here for the next month. I can't stress how much Ghanians will treat you like family. I love telling people that this amazing African lady is my mother. She definitely treats me like her daughter. My Dad here is super cool too. Shoot it's just a really good experience. Have I stressed enough how friendly everybody is?
We are staying at Kumasi for the next few days and we're currently in this hotel (Wadona Royal) that is ridiculous. I mean AC, a shower, a toilet, just holy shoot! This is as opposed to bucket baths and a pit toilet.
But hey, the last few days have been really nice. I had a few moments of anxiety but my days are definitely filled much more with awesomeness.

 This is the group and our wood efficient stove! My hair is getting long! I plan on growing it out once more (at least at the moment I do)

1 comment:

  1. Diana!! I'm so glad that everything is going so well!!! I'm reading/keeping up with your blogs religiously!! missing you like crazy but SO SO PROUD of you! so much love!

    ReplyDelete