Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy July 4th

For July 4th I met a bunch of people at a PC sub office where we grilled sausages and made a potluck of random foods. I wish I had a single picture to show you guys as proof, however it was a frenzy to get at the food so in interest of my hunger I decided to go for the food rather than my camera. We had mashed potatoes, coleslaw, popcorn, sliders, lo mein (I had a craving for it so I decided to make it haha), cheese cubes, rice and fish, fruit bowl, chips and salsa, and lots of drinks. It was a really fun way to celebrate America. We read the declaration of independence and sang lots of songs. All in all we celebrated the fourth in a very American fashion I believe.

I have planted the Moringa Trees at my village. Last Friday my women and I met up and planted nearly 500 trees. So hopefully I'll have pictures for you guys soon of that fun day.

Everything else here is going quite well.

Happy Fourth!

1 comment:

  1. aw! This sounds awesome! So happy to hear you were able to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete