Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy new year!

Hey everybody happy 2013!

For Christmas and New Years it was a relaxing and uneventful (Muslim community, remember?) but I enjoyed it none the less. I've been hard at work on a world map in my community and have just finished the painting portion of it (leaving the labeling). It's been a fun 2 weeks and the children in my village really seemed to enjoy helping me paint.
I also had to go down to the capital of Ghana (Accra) for my mid-service medical checkup. The results say I'm healthy and happy, so sleep peacefully Mom.

So a new year and some new projects planned:
1. More soak away pits
2. Start a women's group making a moringa nursery which will eventually lead to two things: better nutrition for family cooking and extra income for selling the extra seeds/leaves of the moringa tree.
3. TBD


Also the world map is coming along quite well!

1 comment: