Saturday, March 31, 2012

IST

We just had our In Service Training. This was a training event for my swear in group. We all got back together and talked about our past 3 months at site and plans for our next 21 months at site.

It's a little scary how fast the time is passing by. Just two months ago I was living in what I thought was a small town (of about 1,000 people or so) and I thought I was roughing it without running water. Now I find myself in a village of about 400 people without electricity or running water.

I've never been happier in Ghana.

At the close of 3 months at site I realize I haven't done too many tangible things. Hearing everybody's stories about what they've been doing definitely made me realize the things I haven't been doing. However I came to understand something, and that is I have 21 months to do things still.  I'm here to learn just as much as I am here to teach. So I've gotten some great ideas and heard some really good plans and I think I can really take it and run with it.

During IST I found the sessions we had seemed to drag on and on though. There were definitely times when I started drifting off but I think that may have had more to do with my narcolepsy? Impossible to tell but I am happy be out of that stuffy room!

And I was lucky enough to have my birthday fall on IST where I could celebrate it with everybody. Somehow the group even managed to get a cake to me! Cakes are not really made in Ghana so I'm not sure how they got it to me but it was much appreciated. So I had some less enjoyable presentations and a more enjoyable cake on my birthday. All in all a successful birthday.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and I hope everything is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment